|Applied Intelligence & Data Analysis (AIDA) group|
|Autonomous University of Madrid, Spain|
|Intelligent Distributed System Group, University of Craiova, Romania|
- You can access the keynote presentations:
- Thomas Stützle: Automated Algorithm Configuration: Advances and Prospects
- Juan Julián Merelo: Low or no cost distributed evolutionary computation
- You can access and download the photos from the conference here: https://www.flickr.com/groups/idc-2014
Call for Papers
The emergent field of Intelligent Distributed Computing focuses on the development of a new generation of intelligent distributed systems. It faces the challenges of adapting and combining research in the fields of Intelligent Computing and Distributed Computing. Intelligent Computing develops methods and technology ranging from classical artificial intelligence, computational intelligence and multi-agent systems to game theory. The field of Distributed Computing develops methods and technology to build systems that are composed of interacting and collaborating components. The symposium welcomes submissions of original papers on all aspects of intelligent distributed computing ranging from concepts and theoretical developments to advanced technologies and innovative applications.
The 8th International Symposium on Intelligent Distributed Computing has a special interest in (but will not be limited to) novel architectures, systems and methods that facilitate distributed / parallel / multi-agent biocomputing for solving complex computational and real-life problems.
Paper acceptance and publication will be judged on the basis of their relevance to the symposium themes, clarity of presentation, originality and accuracy of results and proposed solutions. Symposium topics include, but are not limited to:Intelligent Distributed and High-Performance Architectures
- Hybrid distributed systems involving software agents and human actors
- Intelligent grid and cloud infrastructures
- Agent-based wireless sensor networks
- Distributed frameworks and middleware for the Internet of Things
- GPU, multicore, and many-core intelligent computing
- Intelligent high-performance architectures
- Context-aware intelligent computing
- Virtualization infrastructures for intelligent computing
- Bio-inspired and nature-inspired distributed computing
- Autonomic and adaptive distributed computing
- Intelligent service composition and orchestration
- Self-organizing and adaptive distributed systems
- Emerging behaviors in complex distributed systems
- Intelligent integration of heterogeneous data and processes
- Methodologies for development of intelligent distributed systems and applications
- Information extraction and retrieval in distributed environments
- Knowledge integration and fusion from distributed sources
- Data mining and knowledge discovery in distributed environments
- Semantic and knowledge grids
- Ontologies and meta-data for describing heterogeneous resources and services
- Distributed fusion of sensor data streams
- Big Data Processing
- E-service and web intelligence
- Intelligence in mobile, ubiquitous and wearable computing
- Intelligence in peer-to-peer systems
- Intelligence in distributed and networked multimedia systems
- Security, privacy, trust and reputation
- Distributed problem solving and decision making
- Intelligent applications in e-business/e-commerce, e-learning, e-health, e-science, e-government, crisis management, smart grid
- Modeling, simulation and development of intelligent distributed systems
- Simulation of groups and crowds
- Intelligent data processing
- Intelligent robots
Special Issue on "New challenges in Bio-inspired algorithms in complex and distributed problems" to be published by International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation.
Submission, November 15th, 2014.
Special Issue on "Intelligent Distributed Computing" to be published by Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience.
Submission: January 16th, 2015.
Special Issue on "Intelligent Distributed Processing Methods for Big Data" to be published by Journal of Universal Computer Science.
Submission: October 30th, 2014.